- Update Microsoft Teams (you can also view our video on how to update Teams and get the new meeting experience on Stream support videos)
- When returning to campus, update the security certificate on your device
- Watch these video walk-throughs of connecting in a fully upgraded room, a partially upgraded room, and a portable room upgrade.
- Read the documentation for your room type: fully upgraded room and partially upgraded room, portable room upgrade.
- Schedule to test out your classroom or come in and try it out before the start of in-person classes.
- BRING YOUR LAPTOP TO CLASS!
- Read our information on Teams: Microsoft Teams, Teams Meetings, Class Teams
- Review the Ready Your Class Team for Meetings checklist
- Add a Stream Tab to your Class Team for easy access to recorded content
- Watch our support videos
- Educational Technology staff is available for consultations to help with Teams, Moodle, and more.
Running a class
No remote or asynchronous students
- Use available cleaning supplies to disinfect surfaces
- Make sure your laptop is securely connected to the projector.
- If you are in a portable room, put on the lapel microphone or turn on the hand held microphone.
- Conduct class.
- Disconnect your laptop.
Remote or asynchronous students (Record your Teams Meeting)
Our recommendation is to host a Teams meeting so remote students can participate and so you can record (portions of the class you feel are appropriate) for students studying asynchronously.
- Use available cleaning supplies to disinfect surfaces.
- Connect your laptop to the projector.
- Connect your laptop to the camera. (If in a portable room make sure the cables on the portable video camera are connected to your laptop.)
- If you are in a portable room, put on the lapel microphone or turn on the hand-held microphone.
- Start your Teams meeting.
- Under Device Settings in Teams, select the appropriate speaker, microphone, and camera as indicated in the documentation for your room type. (See above).
- Ask all participants to mute themselves (their microphones in Teams) except when they are speaking. (If in an upgraded room, the room’s microphone should capture the voices of students in the room).
- Ask all in-room participants to turn the volume off on their devices (their speakers); ask remote attendees wear headphones.
- If presenting, share your Desktop (Screen #1) and then start your presentation.
- Start recording the meeting under the ellipsis (More Actions menu) in Teams.
- Conduct class as you have been for the past few weeks.
- Stop the recording of the Teams meeting.
- End the Teams meeting.
- Disconnect your laptop.