We will begin copying your email to the new server on April 22nd. You will receive confirmation when your email has been fully migrated.
WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO MY EMAIL?
We hope to make this process easy and seamless. The most important things to note are:
- We will move your email to the new server. If you are keeping your e-mail on our GroupWise servers, we will move your mail, folders, contacts and so forth, to Exchange Online before you begin accessing your e-mail on Exchange Online via either the Outlook Web App, Mac Mail or the Outlook desktop client.
- Access to your email we be available immediately following your migration via the Outlook Web App. You will receive an email in advance with information on how to access the Outlook Web interface and how to connect your desktop client to the new server. If you would like additional assistance or training in setting up a connection to email via a mobile device or desktop client, we will work with your schedule to set up an appointment and provide training on the new applications.
- Outlook and Mac Mail users will not have to change email clients. Unless you are actually using the GroupWise application to read and send mail, you do not need to change the application you use to do e-mail. We will provide the new server settings for you to connect your email client to Exchange Online.
- Groupwise users will need to switch to a new application. If you are using GroupWise as your primary e-mail and calendaring application, we will work with you to begin using Microsoft Outlook or Mail (the mail application that comes with Macs). Introductory and in-depth training will be provided.
- If you are forwarding your e-mail to another account, such as Gmail, you can keep doing that. You will just need to set up a rule in the Outlook Web App to forward your mail.
- You will be able to send and receive email on your mobile device without connecting to VPN. Information on configuring your mobile device to access your email can be found here.
I WOULD LIKE TO CONFIGURE MY EMAIL CLIENT & MOBILE DEVICE SETTINGS ON MY OWN.
- Please refer to the steps listed here for accessing your email after the migration process has completed.
I WOULD LIKE HELP CONFIGURING MY EMAIL CLIENT AND MOBILE DEVICE SETTINGS.
- Sure, no problem! Just contact the Help Desk to set up an appointment. One of our staff will be happy to assist you. 330-287-4357 or firstname.lastname@example.org
TRAINING & RESOURCES
Click here for more information on training workshops and online training resources.