Migration Date: June
- You will receive an email in advance with information on how to access the Outlook Web interface and when Information Technology staff will be coming to set up your Outlook desktop client and, if applicable, your mobile device. If you would like additional in-depth training in using Outlook, we will be offering a series of workshops in the coming months. We will also work with your schedule to set up an appointment and provide training on the new applications at a time that is convenient for you.
Consider these questions before migrating to Microsoft 365:
- Do you share your calendar with anyone? Do you access a shared calendar?
- Do you have proxy access to certain accounts?
- Do you have a smartphone?
- Do you archive your email?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, please share this information the technology staff who can help you set up these features in the new system.
WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO MY EMAIL?
- If you are keeping your e-mail on our GroupWise servers, we will move your mail, folders, contacts and so forth, to Exchange Online before you begin accessing your e-mail on Exchange Online via either the Outlook Web App, Mac Mail or the Outlook desktop client.
- Once your migration starts, you should have access to Office 365 Web Access immediately, and all your new email should arrive there.
- Unless you are actually using the GroupWise application to read and send mail, you do not need to change the application you use to do e-mail. We will provide the new server settings for you to connect your email client to Exchange Online.
- If you are using GroupWise as your primary e-mail and calendaring application, we will work with you to begin using Microsoft Outlook or Mail (the mail application that comes with Macs). Introductory and in-depth training will be provided.
- If you are forwarding your e-mail to Gmail, you can keep doing that. You will just need to set up a rule in the Outlook Web App to forward your mail.
I USE THE GROUPWISE CLIENT, HOW WILL I TRANSITION TO OUTLOOK?
- Information Technology Staff will be scheduling appointments with departments to set up Outlook for you and provide training.
- If you would like to see what the Outlook client looks like before transitioning, view this helpful introductory video here.
I WOULD LIKE TO CONFIGURE MY MOBILE DEVICE SETTINGS ON MY OWN.
TRAINING & RESOURCES
Click here for more information on training workshops and online training resources.