Migration Date: October 5th!
***NOTE: We are experiencing login issues with Google Chrome and Microsoft 365. Try using Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari.
We’ve Moved! Email is now in Microsoft 365.
Microsoft Office 365 is a cloud-based service that provides access to e-mail, online versions of Microsoft’s Office suite (including Word, Powerpoint and Excel), online document storage, web conferencing and team sites for sharing and collaborating.
At this time, we will be implementing the e-mail portion of Microsoft Office 365 – or Exchange Online. This service will provide Faculty, Staff and Students the flexibility to easily access their e-mail from anywhere in the world. Additional features of Microsoft Office 365 will be implemented in the coming year.
What this means for you:
- Increased mailbox size – 50 gigabytes.
- You can now send larger file attachments via e-mail – 25mb vs 10mb.
- A more powerful and user-friendly interface for web based e-mail access.
- The mobile capabilities and ease of mobile connections will be much improved. And there will no longer be a need to use VPN to access your Wooster e-mail.
- Your e-mail address will stay the same.
What will happen to my existing e-mail?
- We will be copying all of your e-mail from Scotmail and moving it to Microsoft 365 for you. Once your migration starts, you should have access to the Outlook Web App immediately, and all your new e-mail should arrive there.
- If you would like additional assistance or training in accessing the Outlook Web interface or setting up a connection to e-mail via a mobile device or desktop client, just contact us at the Help Desk and we will be happy to assist you. 330-287-4357 or email@example.com
I would like to connect my mobile device (iPhone, iPad, Android tablet or phone) to receive and send email.
- Please refer to the steps listed here
What if I want to forward my Wooster email to another account?
- That’s fine. You just need to set up a rule in the Outlook Web App to forward your email to another account. Click here for instructions on forwarding your email.