What’s in this Week’s Blog?
This week we are focusing on getting ready for the semester. Check out our topics:
- Upcoming Workshops
- Scot Daily Health Check App
- Senior IS Formatting Support
- Moodle Tips
- Retrieving Missing Emails
- What’s New in Microsoft Recap
- Educational Technology Support Videos
- Here for You
- Need Help?
Educational Technology will be hosting some more virtual workshops this semester. Visit the calendar page where you can either download the calendar event or click on the link to join the meeting during the schedule time.
STA Led Workshops
Our Student Technology Assistants our leading a few workshops this month. You can find out more information on both workshops via our events page.
- Designing Posters with Canva on March 12th at 3PM
- Blender: Introduction to Animation and Modeling on March 15th at 5PM
Staff Led Workshops
- Moodle Tips on Thursday, March 18th at 11:15AM
- iMovie on Thursday, March 25th at 11:15AM
- Audacity on Thursday, April 1st at 11:15AM
Microsoft Forms Integration Workshop
- Learn tips and new Forms updates as well as Forms integration with other apps including polling in a Teams meeting, a quiz question in a Stream video, and more.
- For more Forms tips and workshop details, see our Forms integration post.
- Watch the recording of the Thursday, March 11th workshop in Stream
Senior IS Formatting Support
If you know a Senior who is working on formatting their IS, help is available on our website and via consultations with our STAs. For more information, please see our Senior IS Formatting post and our STA bookings page.
Scot Daily Health Check Notification App
You can now receive text messages for the Scot Daily Health Check. Find our more information on our post.
Need help using the Scot Daily Health Check Notification App? Check out this post and quick video made by Student Technology Assistants. You can also review the documentation for the Health Check App.
Need more help? Reach out to our Help Desk at email@example.com.
This week’s Moodle tip is to use feedback activities to get opinions, have students sign up for projects, and more. You can find more information about options for feedback in our Moodle Professional Development course.
Retrieving Missing/Quarantined Emails
Are you missing emails? Outlook is constantly working behind the scenes to insure your account safety. The emails you are missing may be in Quarantine. Check out this post for directions on how to rescue those missing emails.
What’s New in Microsoft Recap
Did you know that Microsoft is constantly rolling out features for Office 365? Here are some of the newest and upcoming features. (We do not have any control over when Microsoft releases updates.)
Want to know what the top updates to use in 2021? Well, look no further than Microsoft’s Mike Tholfsen’s video on 11 Features for Teams in 2021 (some of these are still rolling out).
Features Rolling Out
- Include Audio on Mac: Sharing computer sound on a Mac is now available as part of the public preview program. You must enable the Public Preview features in Teams first. Then in your Teams meeting, “include computer sound.”
- Reactions in Teams: A step-by-step tutorial on how to use the NEW Reactions in Microsoft Teams meetings including how to disable them.
Recent Video Tips to Check Out
Some recent tips videos to check out:
We will continue to add to our updates on our Microsoft Updates post.
Want to suggest something to Microsoft for an improvement? You can via their UserVoice platform. Here are a few to check out:
Educational Technology Support Videos
Did you know that Educational Technology has support videos? Check out our Ed Tech Support Videos today.
Here for You
Educational Technology and Technology Services is still working hard to bring you new updates, resources, and more! Follow this blog and social media accounts to be sure to stay up to date with the latest information.