What’s in this Week’s Blog?
This week we are focusing on the end of the semester and housekeeping for your tech and more.
- Housekeeping for End of Semester
- What’s New in Microsoft Recap
- Educational Technology Support Videos
- Here for You
- Need Help?
Housekeeping for End of Semester
As we wind down for the semester, Technology@Wooster would like to remind the campus of some important reminders to pass along to colleagues and students, especially seniors.
Email after Graduation
Technology Services is here to provide answers to your questions you may have about after graduation when it comes to expiring software licensing and your college email. Check out the following links for answers and suggestions. If you are concerned about software licensing for a specific major or class, please contact your faculty member or the Help Desk.
Clean Up Teams
When the semester ends, you can clean up the number of Teams you see by hiding some of them. Follow these instructions for hiding a Team.
Multifactor Authentication Over the Summer
If you are going to be in a country where your cell phone dialing and service plan are not active, you will need to setup the mobile authenticator application with Wi-Fi. (Faculty and staff, please share this with your students.) To find out more information about this, please see our post on Multifactor Authentication Over the Summer.
What’s New in Microsoft Recap
Did you know that Microsoft is constantly rolling out features for Office 365? Here are some of the newest and upcoming features. (We do not have any control over when Microsoft releases updates.)
Want to know what the top updates coming this summer? Well, look no further than Microsoft’s 35+ New Features in Team to Get Excited About.
List of some of those features coming soon
- Career Coach – May
- Math app for Teams for Education – available now
- Simplified navigation in your class team – August
- Group assignments – end of August
- Add assignments to Office 365 calendar – May
- Whiteboard assignments – end of August
- Snap a photo and submit – May
- Create and edit a quiz directly from an assignment – May
- Share a OneNote Class Notebook page as a read-only resource – available now
- Check engagement with OneNote Class Notebook – available now
- Multiple choice quizzes in Teams meetings – May
- Channel meeting support for Microsoft Forms Polls – August
- Digital whiteboarding in Teams meetings – August
- Dynamic view – May
- Presenter mode – May
- Breakout room updates (participant retention and room reassignment) – available now
- Present to Teams from PowerPoint – June
Features Rolling Out
- Meeting recap from Teams meetings
- Teams meeting: Live Transcription with Speaker Attribution in Teams Meeting
- New Teams Meeting Location
- Out of Office message in Teams
- Setting file permissions in Teams
- Generate a Meet Now link to share with others
Recent Video Tips to Check Out
Some recent tips videos to check out:
We will continue to add to our updates on our Microsoft Updates post.
Want to suggest something to Microsoft for an improvement? You can via their UserVoice platform. Here are a few to check out:
Educational Technology Support Videos
Did you know that Educational Technology has support videos? Check out our Ed Tech Support Videos today.
Here for You
Educational Technology and Technology Services is still working hard to bring you new updates, resources, and more! Follow this blog and social media accounts to be sure to stay up to date with the latest information.