Here for You
Educational Technology and Technology Services is still working hard to bring you new updates, resources, and more! Follow this blog and social media accounts to be sure to stay up to date with the latest information.
- Educational Technology Professional Staff Members: available 8:30AM-5PM, M-F via email and virtual bookings
- Technology Website from 8:30AM-5PM, M-F, 330-287-4357 (xHELP) or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Students in need of help?
Need help with a video, audio, Microsoft 365, Moodle, or some other type of tech project for class? Book an appointment with our Student Technology Assistants for help.
Want to know of alerts from IT when there are Moodle issues or even Office 365? The follow IT Wooster Alerts on Twitter to stay in the know. Be sure to check your inbox to for messages from IT Alerts in case you don’t use Twitter.
Did you know that Microsoft is constantly rolling out features for Office 365? Here are some of the newest and upcoming features you will see soon. We do not have any control when Microsoft releases updates.
- Don’t Allow Attendees to Unmute in Teams
- Focus Mode in Teams Meetings
- Spotlight in Teams
- Record PowerPoint Inking
These are just a few of the updates from Microsoft. Want to see more? Check out our Microsoft Updates post.
Guest Access in Teams
- Guests who are not a member of a Team invited to a Teams meeting scheduled to a Team’s channel will not have access to chat (even a Wooster person who is not a member of the Team this will apply to).
- Possible Solutions:
- If you want to test this in advance of your scheduled session, the faculty member could invite you to a meeting in their channel to confirm/deny your access to chat.
- Ask the faculty member to add you as a member to their Class Team – even if for just that day and later remove you – if you want to see chat.
- Just expect to not have access to chat and expect that the faculty member will help moderate questions, though you won’t be able to drop URL links or files into chat.
View our documentation on guest access (note: this is documentation is a work in progress)
October is almost upon which means which means it’s Cybersecurity Awareness. We will be posting information to our social media channels on how you can #becybersmart. Check out our post on Phishing. Don’t get hooked!
Educational Technology Support Videos
Did you know that Educational Technology has support videos? Check out our Ed Tech Group Support Videos today.
Sharing Suggestions and Updates
Educational Technology realizes that there are a lot of updates happening quickly with Microsoft Office 365 products, especially Teams and Stream. Have you come across an update that we’ve missed? Or maybe you have suggestions that you would like to see in our post? Do not hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com.
Who We are Following
Mike Tholfsen is a product manager with Microsoft Education Team. His YouTube channel is dedicated to quick tip “how to” videos showing Microsoft product features, with an angle towards educators and students. Mike’s goal is to help you save time and learn new things in a concise, no-frills way. He has a lot of quick tips on Microsoft Teams for teachers, Office apps, and many other tutorials to get started. To keep up with the latest Microsoft Education product updates, check out their blog.