Here for You
Educational Technology and Technology Services is still working hard to bring you new updates, resources, and more! Follow this blog and social media accounts to be sure to stay up to date with the latest information.
- Educational Technology Professional Staff Members: available 8:30AM-5PM, M-F via email and virtual bookings
- Technology Website from 8:30AM-5PM, M-F, 330-287-4357 (xHELP) or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Students in need of help?
Need help with a video, audio, Microsoft 365, Moodle, or some other type of tech project for class? Book an appointment with our Student Technology Assistants for help.
Are You Ready for In Person Classes?
Educational Technology put together our Are you Ready for In Person Classes for faculty and students on how to get ready for in person classes. In case you missed the information or you need a refresher, use the links below to find out more information about the classroom technology, support, and more.
- Videos demonstrating the experience in a fully upgraded room, partially upgraded room, and portable room.
- Book sessions to try out your classroom (or you can try out your rooms on your own)
- Documentation on full and partial room upgrade and portable room upgrade
- Our post Are you ready for in-person classes?
Don’t forget to bring your laptop to class as the classroom computers have been removed from all classrooms.
Guest Access in Teams
- Guests who are not a member of a Team invited to a Teams meeting scheduled to a Team’s channel will not have access to chat (even a Wooster person who is not a member of the Team this will apply to).
- Possible Solutions:
- If you want to test this in advance of your scheduled session, the faculty member could invite you to a meeting in their channel to confirm/deny your access to chat.
- Ask the faculty member to add you as a member to their Class Team – even if for just that day and later remove you – if you want to see chat.
- Just expect to not have access to chat and expect that the faculty member will help moderate questions, though you won’t be able to drop URL links or files into chat.
If you haven’t updated your Teams yet to the New Meeting Experience, do so asap. Not updating your Teams may cause there to be issues with Teams. Make sure all of your students have updated Teams as well. Follow this post for how to update to the New Meeting Experience.
Use the slider below to see the difference between the old and New Meeting Experience.
Sync SharePoint and Teams Files
You can use the OneDrive app to sync SharePoint and Teams files to a folder on your computer. To find out how to do this check out Microsoft’s documentation. If you have questions about the setup, reach out to Educational Technology.
Did you know that Microsoft is constantly rolling out features for Office 365? Here are some of the newest and upcoming features you will see soon. Please note that the coming soon features are only estimating when they will be rolled out by Microsoft. We do not have any control when Microsoft releases new updates.
Listed below are just some of the updates coming over the next several month. Visit the Microsoft Education Tech Community Blog for more of the exciting features we will see through the fall.
- Microsoft Lists (available now): Lists are simple, smart, and flexible, so you can stay on top of what matters most to your team. Track loans, issues, assets, routines, contacts, inventory and more using customizable views and smart rules and alerts to keep everyone in sync. With ready-made templates, you can quickly create lists from directly within Teams and access them on the Teams mobile app by accessing the Lists tab you added as a channel
- Pinned Posts (September)– Keep important information easily accessible and top of mind with Microsoft Teams. Users will be able to pin any message in a channel to the channel information pane for all members of the channel to see.
- Dynamic view (September)– Dynamic view user AI in meetings to dynamically optimize shared content and video participants. New controls let you personalize the view to suit your preferences and needs, such as the ability to show shared content and specific participants side-by-side.
- Download meeting participant file after meeting (September)– Meeting organizers, especially teachers and event organizers, often need to know who joined and how many people joined their Teams meetings. With new enhancements, we’ll allow you to download the report after the meeting within the Meeting Chat. We’ve also added new data into the report that allows you to better manage your attendance.
- Breakout Rooms (potentially October)-Meeting hosts can create breakout rooms to be used by meeting participants for smaller group discussion. They can assign participants to a room and call them back to the larger group when the breakout is complete. Microsoft anticipates delivering this feature no later than early Q4.
Microsoft Word Online Transcriptions
You can now do transcriptions via Microsoft Word Online. Check it out from the Microsoft Education Blog.
Educational Technology Support Videos
Did you know that Educational Technology has support videos? Check out our Ed Tech Group Support Videos today.
Sharing Suggestions and Updates
Educational Technology realizes that there are a lot of updates happening quickly with Microsoft Office 365 products, especially Teams and Stream. Have you come across an update that we’ve missed? Or maybe you have suggestions that you would like to see in our post? Do not hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com.
Who We are Following
Kevin Stravert is an ex-Microsoft programer who has taken his skills to YouTube to show others how to use Microsoft products and more. Find in depth videos on Teams to PowerPoint on his channel.