Here for You
Educational Technology and Technology Services is still working hard to bring you new updates, resources, and more! Follow this blog and social media accounts to be sure to stay up to date with the latest information.
- Educational Technology Professional Staff Members: available 8:30AM-5PM, M-F via email and virtual bookings
- Technology Services website from 8:30AM-5PM, M-F, 330-287-4357 (xHELP) or email at email@example.com
Educational Technology Support Videos
Did you know that Educational Technology has support videos? Check out our Ed Tech Group Support Videos today.
Login to Microsoft Stream to check out our new support video on how to download attendance during at Teams meeting:
Did you know that Microsoft is constantly rolling out features for Office 365? Here are some of the newest and upcoming features you will see soon. Please note that the coming soon features are only estimating when they will be rolled out by Microsoft. We do not have any control when Microsoft releases new updates.
Stream (coming soon)
Enhanced Video Analytics : Viewer analytics / statistics at the video level. With ability to see a trend of unique visitors and total views for a video overtime, as well as which parts of a video were viewed most. Plus support for downloading a CSV of video-level analytics. Microsoft plans on rolling this out to everyone in June.
- 3×3 video (9 video feeds on a screen): Released on 5/12, this new experience optimizes for attendees who have enabled video and places the remaining audio-only participants below the meeting stage.
- Raise Hand: Released on 5/12, the new raise hands feature in Teams allows meeting attendees to identify that they wish to speak by toggling the hand icon in the meeting control bar, making it easier to actively participate in meetings.
- Bookings App Integration: You can now access bookings from Teams. Find the app on the left hand side under the … or under the app menu at the bottom.
- Multi Window Meetings and Calling experiences: Multi-window experiences are coming to Teams meetings and calling. Users will have the ability to pop out meetings and calling into separate windows to help them optimize their workflow. Microsoft estimates this should be rolled out by June 2020.
- Contextual Search: Find information faster with contextual search in Microsoft Teams. Users will now have the ability to search for content in a specific channel or chat by pressing CTRL + F. Search results will only contain messages and files found in the selected chat or channel. Microsoft estimates this should be rolled out in June 2020.
- New Lobby Setting: Microsoft is adding “Only me” as an option to the “Who can bypass lobby?” setting. Once enabled, only the organizer will be able to join the meeting directly. Everyone else, including people from within the same organization, will be sent to the lobby. Microsoft estimates this should be rolled out in June 2020.
Microsoft Lists (coming soon)
A new “Microsoft 365 app that helps you track information and organize your work. Lists are simple, smart, and flexible, so you can stay on top of what matters.” You can track issues, contacts, inventory and more using customizable views and smart rules and alerts to keep everyone in sync. “With ready-made templates, you can quickly start lists online, on our new mobile app, and directly from within Microsoft Teams.” Microsoft estimates this will be rolled out in June.
Did you know that you have access 24/7 to online tutorials on resources on Microsoft Office, Adobe, Moodle, career skills, & much more? Explore the resources now by logging in with your Wooster username and password at: http://tiny.cc/hoonuit
Sharing Updates and Suggestions
Educational Technology realizes that there are a lot of updates happening quickly with Microsoft Office 365 products, especially Teams and Stream. Have you come across an update that we’ve missed? Or maybe you have suggestions that you would like to see in our post? Do not hesitate to reach out to us at educationaltechnology.wooster.edu.
Who are we following?
Follow Microsoft Education on Twitter for updates, tips, and more about their products and to connect with other educators.