Here are some Educational Technology’s top Moodle best practices to help you as you work on your courses.
Step 1: Visit Moodle Professional Development Course
The Moodle Professional Development Course is your one stop shop for everything that will need to help you get your Moodle course up and running. Within the course, you will find the following areas to help you to set up your Moodle course(s):
- Getting Started
- Moodle Resources
- Course Settings
- Ready to Launch
- Feedback Options
Step 2: Course Settings to Keep in Mind
Here are some things to keep in mind with your course settings.
- Be sure to make your course visible when you are ready for your students to see the course materials. You can learn how in our Moodle Professional Development course.
- Do not set a course end date for your course otherwise students will not be able to see your course after it finishes.
- If you use the weekly format, make sure you do not click on “calculate end date by the number of sections” button. Students will no longer be able to see the course if you do so.
- You can add a course image
- Learn about the different course formats that you can use
- Add blocks to your course to help assist you and your students
Step 3: Import Course Materials into New Course
Want to reuse materials from an old course in Moodle? Follow these steps from our Technology Documentation.
Step 4: Support for Moodle Activities and Assignments
Our Moodle Professional Development course has a number resources for you to check on activities and assignments. Due to popular inquiry, we have listed some resources for a few of the most asked about activities and assignments from this semester.
Step 5: Ready to Launch
Need a checklist to help you as you are setting up your course? Use our Ready to Launch worksheet to guide you through the process.