PowerPoint is a presentation software application developed as a part of the Microsoft Office Suite. Users are able to create slides with text, pictures, audio, video, animations and Web links for various occasions, such as presentations, speeches, and flashcards.
What can it do?
- Built-in templates to create slides in a variety of different formats (e.g. title slide, slide with text and image, etc.)
- Options to include visuals such as photos, graphics, and charts
- Options to upload digital audio and video for playback on the slide
- Multiple settings for displaying slide content during slide shows
- Possibility of exporting slides as image files to be used as flashcards
- Live co-edit with invited authors and auto-sync slides using PowerPoint Online with your Office 365 account
Uses in a Course
- Create class presentations
- To prepare flashcards and other review materials
- To create narrated content summaries for longer lectures and units
- Invite your classmates/professors to view, edit, and comment by creating shareable links or entering email address
- All current Wooster students have access to the latest version of the Office 365 ProPlus Suite at no cost, including the online apps
- Power Point is available for use in all computer labs and classrooms on campus