What is it?
Qualtrics software (provided by Qualtrics) is a generalized survey service permitting the creation of survey instruments, distribution of the surveys, data storage and analysis, accessible and performed online right in your browser.
- Audio and video presentation
- Simple intuitive interface for creating and editing questions
- Collaborate with anyone within and outside of the college
- Easily integrates with panels, databases of respondents, and can build your own panels using the survey
- Complex research designs using Survey Flow, Display Logic, Randomization tool
- Flexible question types for collecting quantitative and qualitative data
- Results downloaded in many file types (SPSS, Excel, XML); cool-looking graphs and tables available for direct export
- Database of templates
Who can use it?
Wooster currently maintains a site license for this software, so usage is free for current faculty, staff, and students. You can access it at http://wooster.co1.qualtrics.com with your Wooster username and password. The first time you access it, you’ll be asked to create an account.
How can I use it?
Qualtrics is user-friendly but can handle complex designs. Use this software for collecting feedback and evaluation data, creating surveys, conducting research, etc. Simple surveys can be produced in minutes.
Complex studies, involving randomization and embedded and longitudinal data, are also possible. Qualtrics offers features that similar survey engines do not. For example, a survey sharing mechanism enables collaboration, and “libraries” can store commonly used surveys, such as course evaluations.
- For technical support with software access, account creation, or website login, please call the Help Desk at 4357 or email email@example.com.
- For technical support with application-specific or “how to” questions, please visit the vendor’s support site to view self-help documentation and vendor contact information.
- For support with statistical questions, guidance with study design or data evaluation, or software tool selection, please contact your professor to set up a consultation.
- Here are two excellent webpages for including videos in your survey: