Have you been introduced to the Safe Exam Browser through Moodle? If so, you may have some questions.
How can I download the Safe Exam Browser?
Use this link to access the download – https://safeexambrowser.org/download_en.html
The faculty member may provide a link for download within their Moodle course. Make sure to select the download for your machine.
What should I do if Safe Exam Browser fails to download?
- Check to see if your machine has any updates (Mac OS of Mojave or higher)
- Clear browser cache and cookies
- After doing the above activities restart your machine
- Shut down other applications during the download
What should I do if I have MFA issues during this process?
- Restart your machine
- Download the Multi-Factor Authentication app (instructions available here)
As a faculty member how can I make this experience better?
- Offer trial exams using the Safe Exam Browser – 2 or 3 days before the actual exam
- Inform the students that Safe Exam Browser needs to be downloaded
- Be available to answer questions during trail exam – this can help prevent issues during the actual exam period.
What should I do if I have tried the above suggestions and am still experiencing issues?
Contact Information Technology:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (330)287-4357
- Live Chat: through the icon in the lower right hand corner of this post