Select Survey is a web-hosted survey software application similar to Survey Monkey. It allows the user to create forms and surveys for data collection.
What can it do?
- Easy survey delivery to users by only requiring a device with internet connectivity
- Export data to CSV format or Excel format
- Create a question bank for future use and easier replication of surveys
- Question bank of previously used survey questions
- Branching and page conditions for more in-depth surveys
Uses in a Course
- Collect data for a research project/study
- Survey a population about a service, space, or event
- Collect and catalog data and metadata of research sources
Things to Consider about Select Survey
Select Survey is easy to setup and use for simple surveys, however there is a learning curve when implementing its more powerful functions like branching or page conditions.
- Select Survey is web-based requiring Wooster credentials to log in.
- Global Protect VPN is required if you are trying to access it off-campus.
- Student Technology Assistants are available to help at the Digital Media Bar in Andrews Library in the CoRE.
- Educational Technology can provide instruction and support on Select Survey.
- Select Survey documentation and FAQs.