🚀 JUST LAUNCHED 🚀 Breakout Rooms are available in Microsoft Teams meetings!
Use Teams Breakout Rooms to partition and organize your meetings more effectively. Meeting organizers can assign attendees to separate ‘breakout rooms’ and send them from the main Teams meeting when ready.
- 🔗 More details and FAQ on Teams Breakout Rooms on Microsoft Teams blog
- 🔗 Support article for Teams Breakout Rooms for Education
- 🔗 Be sure the new Teams Meetings experience is enabled
Some additional notes:
- ✅ For the new Breakout Rooms in Teams, currently meeting organizers can only create them from Microsoft Teams Desktop app for Windows and Mac.
- ✅ Breakout Rooms will work for all meetings type in Microsoft Teams, including Channel meetings and recurring meetings.
- ✅ The organizer sets up the Breakout Rooms, assigns the attendees, and Starts or Opens the rooms (on the desktop client only).
- ✅ The meetings start and attendees get all of the Teams meetings features like Together mode, Whiteboard, Live Captions, and more.
- ✅ The meeting organizer can join Rooms at will to check on small groups. Currently, only the meeting organizer has this capability, so co-teachers or TAs do not.
- ⏩ Coming Soon: the ability to set a timer on your Breakout Rooms in Teams
Watch this video for a step-by-step tutorial on how to use the new Breakout Rooms in Microsoft Teams meetings. Learn how to create, rename, join, start and close Breakout Rooms in Teams plus lots more. See the Microsoft Teams Breakout Rooms experience from both the organizer side and the attendee perspective. How to use the NEW Breakout Rooms in Microsoft Teams meetings
Training session= Teams Meetings: Breakout Rooms and Polling
The session will demonstrate Teams meetings including the newly released Breakout Rooms feature plus soliciting feedback from attendees through live polling with Forms. See our Topics page for details (Word doc you can download).
- Tuesday, January 19 @ 12:30 – 1:30PM
- Click here to watch the recording of the Microsoft Teams Live Event on your computer or mobile app