The Teams Meeting experience includes a number of features that you can use for video and audio. This post will guide you through the Teams Meeting experience.
- See our Resources section below for guides, videos, and support pages.
- Faculty, see our Ready Your Class Team for Meetings checklist.
Teams Meetings Features
A popular feature of Teams is a Teams meeting video call. Users do not need to be a member of an official Team in order to schedule, create, or join a call.
A new Meeting and Calling Experience is available in the Microsoft Teams app! Watch “Teams: Join a Meeting in a Channel” (in our College Stream) to see the new Meeting experience.
|Accessing Teams||See Accessing Teams below or page 7 of our documentation|
|Scheduling a Meeting from Outlook calendar||1. Watch our 4 minute how-to video|
2. See page 10 of our documentation
|Scheduling a Meeting from Teams calendar||1. See our Scheduling a Meeting article|
2. See page 19 of our documentation
|Schedule Class Teams Meetings Using Class Short Code||View our Moodle Documentation|
|Schedule a Webinar||The Webinars feature allows the organizer to enable registration, host 1000 people, and have attendees join with microphones and cameras disabled |
•See the Introducing Webinars in Microsoft Teams blog post
•Watch this 7 minute video The NEW Webinars in Microsoft Teams feature
•See the Microsoft Teams webinar quick start guide
|Meeting notifications||For information about who gets notified about Teams meetings, see this article from Office 365 IT Pros|
|Adjust Meeting Options/Settings||• See page 20 of our documentation|
• See this Meeting Participants Microsoft support page
• Update before the meeting from the Teams calendar = Watch this new feature “students must wait in lobby”
• Update during the Meeting = Watch Update Meeting Options directly from the meeting participants panel
|Join a Meeting from your Teams calendar||1. Watch the first minute of Microsoft’s training video|
2. See our Participating in a Meeting article
|Join a Meeting from your Outlook calendar||1. Watch Using Microsoft Teams for video calls (in Stream)|
2. See our Participating in a Meeting article
3. See page 16 of our documentation
|Join a Meeting inside a Teams channel||Watch “Teams: Join a Meeting in a Channel” (in Stream) |
[features New Meeting Experience pop-out meeting window]
|Use the Large Gallery View (49 people) and Together Mode||Watch this 1 minute Microsoft Teams quick tip video|
|Use a custom background image for your video||•Watch this 1 minute Microsoft Teams quick tip video |
•See this Microsoft support page
|Share your Screen||•Watch this 1 minute Microsoft Teams video|
•See this Microsoft Share Content in a meeting page which covers options for
1. Screen/Desktop share
2. Window share
3. PowerPoint Live Presenter view share = see details NEW Presenter View for PowerPoint in Microsoft Teams meetings
•See our post Share Content feature available in Microsoft Team meeting
|Share your Screen with Computer Audio (available on Mac and Windows)||Watch this 1 minute Microsoft Teams quick tip video or see this Microsoft support page to play the audio on your computer through to the participants in the Teams meeting. |
(Mac users: visit the support page for details on installing the driver software.)
|Take control of other user’s screen||See this Microsoft page|
|Live Captions||Watch this 50 second Microsoft Teams quick tip video|
|Organizer: Download the meeting attendance report||1. Watch this 1 minute Microsoft Teams quick tip video |
2. See this Microsoft support page for further support
|Record a Meeting (saved to Stream)||1. See this How to Record Your Microsoft Teams Meeting |
2. See page 17 of our documentation.
|Record a Presentation with “Meet Now”||Watch Using Teams “Meet now” to record your presentation and share your screen (in Stream)|
|Create Channel Meeting||Watch How to Create Virtual Breakout Groups in Teams|
Watch to add a Channel calendar to your Team channel
|Use the Breakout Rooms in Meetings||Watch How to Use the New Breakout Rooms in Teams Meetings|
|Chats||1. See Microsoft’s Training Video on chats|
2. See page 21 of our documentation
3. Watch this video to disable chat in a Teams meeting
|Organizer: End the Meeting||Watch this 30 second Microsoft Teams quick tip video|
|Share a Recording via Stream||1. Watch Sharing Teams Meeting Recordings on Stream|
2. See page 18 of our documentation
- We recommend users download the Team’s desktop client application.
- Teams is available in Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome web browsers. *Teams is not supported in Safari or Firefox browsers*.
- See directions for installing Microsoft Teams for Windows, Mac, iOS, or Android.
- Make Meetings Easy with Microsoft Teams (document)
- Teams Documentation (Word document)
- Best Practices for Teams (document)
- Best Practices: Teams Meetings (website post)
- Participating in a Meeting as a Guest (wiki page to share with your guests new to Teams)
- Best Practices: Teams Setup
- Recording from our Livestreaming your Lessons workshop (3/17/2020)
- Recording from our Microsoft Teams for Communication: Teams Meetings and Chat 1-hour Microsoft Trainer session (12/8/20)
- Microsoft Teams Official video training
- Microsoft Teams support
- Microsoft Teams quick tip videos (playlist of short YouTube videos)
- Visit our Microsoft Teams post for general information on Teams.
- Visit our Microsoft Teams Type post for information on the different types of Teams available.
- Visit our Class Teams post for information on Class Teams.